Friday 3 August 2007

Cookies and Quilting

I've been baking chocolate chip cookies this morning. This is the classic Toll House recipe from here. (Just type Toll House into the search box, and it's the first recipe that comes up.) They turn out perfect every time and it makes a huge batch, but they won't last long in this house;) If you haven't tried this recipe, try it, it's a good one.

Heres my finished star quilt, all quilted and bound.
I hesitated before deciding on that green binding, but I'm glad I went with it. I think sometimes a small amount of an unexpected colour adds a bit of spark. There is some mossy green in the print of the cream fabric, so the binding does relate to something.
If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the binding and quilting more clearly.
Anyway I like the effect, and I enjoyed making this quilt, especially the quilting. I like working on a small to medium-sized scale, and this is just over a yard square.
The weather's hotting up a bit here. I like the sunshine but not the heat, so I hope it doesn't get too hot. It's nice to have a change from rain though. Hope it's fine where you are!