Friday 11 July 2008

Rambling On

After some intensive applique I finished the Rambling Rose quilt top, so now it's ready for layering up and quilting.
I wasn't sure about the border fabric, but I wanted to use something I already had, and I had enough of this print, which is a sort of greeny-beige. It's a lighter and warmer shade in real life than it looks in this photo, and the corner blocks are a proper green.

Can you see the appliqued bees? I made my bees smaller than the ones on the pattern, because I wanted a more understated bee.

From roses to hollyhocks, and this beauty is growing outside our dining room window.

A couple of people asked about the quilt in the background behind the bunny in my last post. If I wasn't able to reply to you, you can see a picture of the whole thing here in a post from last year (4th picture down). The pattern is called Cabin Corners and is from Jo Morton's first Jo's Little Women series of patterns. The quilt is just 15 inches square and I think it's one of my all-time favourite patterns.
*
That's all for now - it will be my daughter's birthday this weekend, and I've got a cake to bake!